The vaccine consists of a combination of NetB and alpha-toxin, both
The proof of concept study has been performed with
- NetB W262A : NetB mutant W262A
- CPA247-370 : the toxoid was produced in recombinant E. coli
containing the plasmid pGEX-3X-13, which encodes the C-terminal
domain of the alpha-toxin fused to GST (GST-Cpa247-370).
Results of in vivo vaccination and challenge
- In the control groups of untreated chickens or chickens dosed with
- adjuvant only the percentage positive chickens were 37% and 32%,
- Immunisation with NetB W262A and CPA247-370 reduced lesion scores
- completely. None of the animals vaccinated with a combination of NetB
- and CPA developed necrotic enteritis lesions after challenge.
- In the group immunised with NetB 18% of the chickens showed lesions
- and in animals immunised with CPA 12% of the chickens were positive.
Please find more information in the Technology Offer that you can download here.