- The PRRS-virus can infect the cells via the natural route due to the presence of both sialoadhesin and CD163, the two receptors that are essential for binding, internalization and multiplication
- On average Sn+CD163 cells can produce PRRSV at titers of 1 log higher than in MARC-cells
- Multiple PRRSV-strains can be grown on the Sn+CD163 cells which offers flexibility in production (e.g. for multistrain registration)
- The cells can be used for QC or in a potency test to demonstrate structural and functional integrity of the PRRSV as long as it can bind and internalize
- Since the PRRS-virus can follow its natural route of infection no or little virus adaptation is expected
You can download a Technology Offer here.